Author Topic: Adding a 2 helmet trunk to my Lance Cabo50  (Read 528 times)

Amos.Kaplan

• Kudos: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Adding a 2 helmet trunk to my Lance Cabo50
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:59:39 AM »
Can anyone out there recommend a brand, website or product name of a rear mounted 2 helmet trunk that has mounting hardware that WORKS with the Lance Cabo50 and does NOT require a fab shop to install it.

Also looking for good suggestions on exhaust Pipes and other mods specific to the Lance. Youtube is full of Tao Tao or Honda Ruckus videos.

GLV55

• Kudos: +20/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a 2 helmet trunk to my Lance Cabo50
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:47:57 PM »
Most of the Shad cases are very good quality, and one of the bigger models should fit your needs. Usually, they mount up pretty easily to the rack that comes on a Cabo (which I believe is the same as my PCH). Yes, they are a bit pricey, but very reliable and they have a large variety of sizes to choose from:

http://www.shadonline.com/SHAD-Top-Cases-s/76.htm

2014 PCH 150

Amos.Kaplan

• Kudos: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a 2 helmet trunk to my Lance Cabo50
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:31:37 AM »
I have tried 2 different types of CDI's along with a better Carb and air intake to spice things up a bit, however the wiring to the CDI only has 5 wires going to it. The 4 pin is full and the 2 pin only has one wire. Everytime I try to start my scooter, the 7amp fuse on the Negative return side to the battery blowes. Are there 5 pin CDI's out there or has the shop I bought it from done something to the wiring harness? I ended up replacing the carb because the shop (or the manufacturer- Lance) put JB weld all over the screws including the air/fuel mix adjustment screw. I happy with the performance that I'm getting from the better carb and air filter but would be curious to see how much more I could get. I'm guessing I'm done with the top end now and will start playing around with the CVT and clutch for a little more go.