Author Topic: Cali Classic  (Read 411 times)

• Kudos: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Cali Classic
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
I've owned a bunch of scoots from Hondas to china scoots and all have had there highs and lows.

I use my bikes as I would a car on a daily basis. At the moment I have a Kymco Downtown 300, best in its class IMO. Untill recently I also had a SYM RV200 that was just a beast for its displacement. It's use was so close to the Kymco that it just didn't get enough ride time so off it went.

But I miss small wheels and lite weight. Sure I can say I can "flick" the DT 300 around like a smaller scoot buts it's not the same and I'm not as strong as I once was. Injury has left the legs severely comprimised and I have a real fear of dropping the DT at a light and not being able to pick it up, lol.

I don't want to be that guy!

When I had the house in NJ I kept a 2010 Cali Classic 125 at the front door. All that thing did was run, for 10,000 miles when I sold it along with the house. It's still going strong. That scoot was the best bang for the buck I've gotten from a new ride.

So with that I've ordered a 2017 Cali Classic 200i. The 125 would drag me along at 57 mph/gps so I'd imagine the 200 has a true 65 top end should it be needed. It will also work well for two up around the beach.

Fingers crossed it's as good to me as the 125 was.

Cali Classic/RV200/MC95-250 Trike

• Kudos: +20/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Cali Classic
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:35:07 AM »
Keep us informed on the performance differences between the two scooters. I have a PCH 150 and the thought of the 200i version intrigues me....very tempting, but I would have to figure out how to justify it to SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)  ;)
2014 PCH 150